Accomplished Attorneys Who Treat You Like Family Call us today

My Spouse Has Left the Household and I Cannot Afford the Rent or Mortgage on My Own, What Should I Do?

Luff Strenfel LLP Nov. 4, 2018

If you are married and your spouse has abandoned your marriage there is a remedy for you. If your spouse has not filed for divorce, then you can ask the court to award you spousal support. This essentially means that you are asking the court to hold your spouse accountable for abandoning the marriage. The court will look at a number of factors and may award you with monthly payments so that you can continue to live even though your spouse has left the marriage. Spousal support can last for years if neither party decides to move forward with a divorce. If you have been abandoned by your spouse and you are in fear of being evicted or homeless please contact our office so that we can discuss what our law firm can do to help you through this difficult time.